Prayer Ventures is a Christ-centered, biblically-based ministry.
- We believe that a loving God created us. He is not detached and distant, but rather longs to be actively involved in our lives. God loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to show us what His love is like.
- We believe that Jesus lived 2,000 years ago. He came to “heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed” (Luke 4:18-19).
- We believe that people are born sinful (Romans 3:23). It is sin that causes pain and hurt and brokenheartedness. Sin causes us to be separated from God and from each other.
- We believe that Jesus came to save us from our sins and reconcile us to God by dying on the cross. Through Christ’s death, God offers us forgiveness for our sins and a restored relationship with Him.
- We believe that Jesus also conquered death and rose from the dead. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in us when we accept Him as Savior and Lord of our lives (Ephesians 1:19). This power can help us break free from our sinful natures.
- We believe that when we accept Christ as Savior, we have a new nature—His nature—living in us (2 Corinthians 5:17). His Spirit transforms us into Christ’s likeness day by day.
- We believe that the indwelling Holy Spirit also empowers Christians to heal the sick and set captives free as Jesus did.
- We believe that the Bible, the basis for our beliefs, is inspired by God and is true and authoritative.
- We believe that God calls us into community, into the Body of Christ, so that we can grow in Christ, discover our spiritual gifts and encourage one another to share God’s love with a lost and hurting world.