Download and Event Photos
Handout from workshop: Prayers for All Seasons Handout (pdf)
Poem written during retreat: It’s Good Friday, but Easter’s Coming (pdf)
To learn more about Joel’s ministry go to his website, WellSpring Life Resources.
Is God doing something new in your life? Join us for a leisurely morning of rest, relaxation and personal reflection. Everyone is welcome: men as well as women. This is a separate event from our popular women’s event in June. We’ll explore how the power of God can move us toward new joy, intimacy and transformation in our personal lives and ministry.
Changes . . . transitions . . . release of the old to make way for God’s new thing . . . “See, I’m doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? – Isaiah 43:19
Retreat leader Joel Warne will take us on a fascinating journey marking the seasons of Jesus’ path to the cross, resurrection and coming of the Holy Spirit. We’ll reflect on how Jesus’ earthly ministry can transform the seasons of our lives.
- Cana — life is good, things are progressing, problems are fixable
- Good Friday — calamity, the death of the old, the burial of the seed
- Easter Sunday — God offering us new life for our new reality in Him
- 40 Days of Waiting — mourning the death of the old, adjusting to the new
- Ascension — releasing the old, letting it “ascend” with Jesus to the Father
- Pentecost — receiving the fullness of the Spirit into God’s new work
Joel Warne is the founder of Wellspring Life Resources, a ministry that offers retreats, workshops and resources that help people live and serve more fully out of their identity in Christ. Joel has written curricula used by many denominations across the country including Soul Craving: An Invitation to the Feast and How to Eat Your Bible: God’s Word as Food for Your Soul. Joel combines great storytelling, biblical wisdom and creative exercises that produce life-changing “ah-ha” moments.